Implementing the Vibration API in your PWA
The Vibration API allows your PWA to access a device's vibration capabilities, enabling you to create haptic feedback and vibration effects within your app.
on a smartphone. Choose a pattern and tap the below button to make the device vibrate.
- User Feedback: Providing haptic feedback to users when interacting with buttons, forms, or other elements in your PWA, enhancing the user experience.
- Gaming: Adding tactile sensations to web-based games, enhancing immersion and responsiveness during gameplay.
- Touch Guidance: Assisting users with impairments by using vibrations to guide them through certain interactions, like form validation or navigation.
- Interactive Experiences: Creating interactive and dynamic web experiences, such as simulating the sensation of scrolling through a virtual list or slider.
- Orientation and Navigation: Incorporating vibrations into web-based maps or navigation systems to provide tactile cues when changing directions or reaching waypoints.
- Feedback for Actions: Providing vibrations in response to specific user actions, such as successful submission of a form or completion of a task.
- Custom Effects: Designing unique vibration patterns for branding purposes or creative effects, offering a distinctive touch to a PWA.
- Accessibility: Improving accessibility by using vibrations to convey information to users with visual impairments or to enhance the overall usability of a PWA.
- Audio Visualization: Syncing vibrations with audio or music playback to create a multisensory experience that complements the auditory elements.
The Vibration API is supported by most modern web browsers, except Safari.